Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thoughts

Dear Blog Reader,
I wanted to apologize for not blogging much lately. It seems I have nothing to say. I'm tired of talking about the economy and the tail spin that this country seems to be in. I don't want to talk about my problems with my neighbor. We haven't started construction yet on our new kitchen so nothing to talk about there. We aren't moving at this moment in time, so that's not interesting.

I get up every morning and just focus on putting one foot in front of the other. I work hard, try to eat right, try to get some exercise in, and find myself wishing each day that 2009 would be over. What a terrible thing, to wish your life away. I have always tried to live by the belief that life is all about the experience and the memories those experiences create or as is often said, the journey, not the destination. But the last couple weeks I just want to get to the end. Not the end of my life but this little chapter. I want to hit the DVD chapter skip button on the remote control for my life and move on.

I want to know if all these things Obama is doing will work. I want to know if the next 5 years will be the next Great Depression or if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I want to know if my neighbor will move or if I'll get a fence and if I do, will it all work out. I want to know if the granite we choose for the countertop will look good with the tile when it's all done. I want to know how it will all turn out and I want to know now. Perhaps I should have been a psychic? Is there a class for that? Now where did I put my crystal ball?

No comments: