Sunday, March 22, 2009

And it begins

We've jumped full force into the kitchen remodel process. We've begun to narrow down the appliances we need/want, we are close to pulling the trigger on the cabinets and the kitchen design in general. Then our contractor came over and gave us a ball park to complete the job. Dena said I looked like a deer caught in someone's headlights. I'm sure I did.

Now it begins in earnest. Do we really need the top of the line fridge? How can we cut corners here and there and everywhere? Price shopping on the internet. Reading product reviews. It's all very exhausting. Some people say "it's the journey...", enjoy the ride. I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy the ride but I'm sure I'll enjoy it once we are there. Can I just click my heels 3 times and have it be the end of 2009? Perhaps the economy would be better, my kitchen would be done and all of life would be wine and roses? Right?

No comments: