Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The end of an era

I spent most of the last 2 days doing 2 things, cleaning my office for the painters and studying for my HP Exam. I've filled our huge blue recycle bin to the max, filled Gail's across the street, and dumped some in Roxannes. Then, tonight, when it was apparent that wasn't enough, I asked Matt if I could just have his. I completely filled that one so I could hardly move it onto the street. With what you ask? Paper, floppies, CDs, you name it. Mostly paper. You just don't need paper manuals anymore. I have 3 1/2 bookcases in my office, overflowing with manuals. Not anymore. Its kind of a cleansing I think. Out with the old, in with the new. As of 8am this morning I wanted to tell the painter to forget it, forget the office. Tonight I'm saying, "Bring it on!"

I also ventured out to the guest house and started in there. It was scary. You just get on a roll and everything goes in the garbage. Who needs all that old crap. Its a new era and a new Dawn. You know what I found in the guest house? The painters have REALLY moved in, there was a coffee maker (percolating with a fresh brew), cookies, cups, creamer, etc, etc. They just crack me up.

No comments: