Saturday, September 25, 2004

Yom Kippur and drywalling....

Today is Yom Kippur, the holiest of holy days (holidays) in the Jewish calendar. Dena is off in temple and I am here, babysitting the drywallers. Odd how this Day of Attonement and reconciliation means the Jews are supposed to suffer by fasting for 24 hours, you would think they have suffered enough.

Things are looking good! As you can see by the pix the bathroom looks like a room now. A real room! The tub is all covered up but the window sure makes the room look bigger. Dare I get excited? Yesterday was golf with some friends at work, 18 holes. Wow, am I sore today, in oh so many ways. Between the golf and my classes at Dena's sister's gym Muscle Under, I can scarcely move. Today I am relaxing, no classes anymore!! YAY!! I've received my final grade for my final class at University of Phoenix and am just reveling in all this extra time. What will I ever do with it all? I'm sure I'll think of something. Today however, is important as the Los Angeles Dodgers have an opportunity to clinch the division. Can they do it? Will they choke? Well I'm watching a hum dinger of a baseball game on TV (which I normally don't do because its, well boring) but this is some game. Dena and I have tickets to the 9/28 game and the October 1st game. I'm sure they will be exciting as every game counts. Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to attend the game that clinches it! Time will tell but it will be an exciting September.

1 comment:

Shula B said...

The Muslim fast 29 to 30 days from before the sunshine to the suunset.