Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Vacation - How do I do this again?

It's been a long time since we've been on vacation. I mean a vacation of the type where you are supposed to relax and recharge. This means not an adventure vacation which was 4 years ago - Antarctica. Not a family visit vacation which was just this past Christmas. I mean one of those vacations where you do nothing....like Hawaii.

We've been to Kauai so many times in our 21 years together that it is no longer one of those vacation spots where you need to sight see or explore. It's a recharge, swim, sunbathe, chillaxing type spot for us. It's been so long since we've been here I cannot remember how to do it.

The first full day we were here we slept until 1030 am PST, we're up for an hour, had a papaya and then went back to bed until 230 PST. I mean wow, that's a lot of sleeping. I just have been a little burned out eh? We capped off the day with a swim in the breathtaking Hanalei Bay and then a yummy dinner at Dena's favorite restaurant in the world - The Dolphin.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: