Sunday, October 10, 2004

350,000 miles flown....

And boy are my arms tired...... United Airlines just sent my updated Mileage Plus statement. I was shocked that I've flown that many actual miles. 350,000 miles in 7 years, seems implausible. That's an average of 50,000 per year. Wow. I have to admit, flying for businesss has its ups and its downs. I try not to dwell on the downs, the exhaustion, the jet lag, the nightmarish security lines, breathing everyone's contaminated air, etc etc etc etc etc. But I try to dwell on the good - the 2 week trip to England and Wales, the frequent flier miles and free hotel stays that have allowed Dena & I to travel the globe, seeing parts of the country I'd never get to see, like Toledo. hehe Do you know I spent 3 week in Toledo. There is NOTHING to do in Toledo, but, (she says trying to look at the glass half full) there is a lot of green space there. And I did get to see Custer's grave site. How's that for the glass half full!

Yeah, I'm a pessimist, so what, what're ya going to do about it?

No comments: