Thursday, May 28, 2009

WipeOut

By chance last night I happened upon a show called WipeOut. It's on ABC, Wednesdays at 8pm. I don't normally surf channels but I was immediately captured by the show. The premise is absolutely ridiculous and I believe is related to the popular Japanese shows “Takeshi’s Castle” in the ’80s and the still-running “SASUKE.” I used to watch these shows when I travelled, I think I was seeing reruns on Spike TV.

The Japanese shows were funny but WipeOut had me rolling. I taped the show and actually watched some of it twice. I had to stop my first viewing at around 15 minutes because I was laughing so hard I started had an asthma attack. After a couple inhaler hits, I dabbed the tears from my eyes and tried again. Still funny! Dena was only mildly amused but a couple stunts on the finale had her laughing so hard we had to stop the show again. I'm not sure what's so funny about other people's pain, but hey, comedy has no bounds.

The premise is simple and has to do with contestants moving through an obstacle course. The guys don't wear a cup, keep that in mind when you're watching. If you've had a bad day and need a laugh, check it out, DVR it and watch it!

Clips are available here.

No comments: