Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Travelling Again....

After six months of business free travel, I have hit the road again. It's only for 2 nights away but it might as well be an eternity. I can't remember what day it is and I'm breaking my cardinal rule for business travel, NEVER eat in the hotel. I've done that 2 nights in a row. They have a sushi restaurant in this hotel. You'd think I'd shy away from that wouldn't you? Well, you're right, I should have. Probably the worst sushi I've had in over a year.

But the real crux of the problem is the design of the hotel. I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel on the San Francisco peninsula. The hotel is designed sort of like a donut where the rooms are the pastry all around the outside and inside, at the bottom or in the hole are the common areas. The bar, the restaurants and the pool. As I sit here writing this in my hotel room I can hear this one woman laugh in the bar. Everything richochets off the walls and up......up and up and up to the top floor so that I can hear every single noise. I feel like going downstairs and slapping this woman for her irritating laugh. This morning, I was awakened at 5:52 am by the sound of the bus boy pouring water into the glasses in the restaurant. I'm on the top floor and the sound travels so well that I can tell exactly the noise I'm hearing and where it's coming from. Last night I had to call downstairs and tell the front desk to turn the TV down in the bar, I didn't like the movie.

I should have known trouble was brewing when I walked into the room last night and there was this lovely little bag on the bed. It contained sleep aids. Ear plugs, a CD of calming sounds, lavendar linen spray and an eye mask. Ambien will hopefully save me this night. Please, I beg of you, save me.

No comments: