Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

As is tradition in my extended family that are my in-laws, today around the table we will state what we are thankful for before we get to eat. A good tradition I think. Some people roll their eyes at the thought of having to think so deeply but I believe it is important to reflect occasionally. I believe it is also important to be thankful for ones bounty regardless of what that may be. Everyone's definition of bounty is different after all.

Today, at the table my statement will be thus:

Gratitude is not always a spontaneous emotion; often, it's a matter of choice. It's a perspective of appreciation that doesn't necessarily make life easier, but it always makes life better.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, it's me Lee. Got your email change, happy to hear you had a good ThanksGiving,so did I. Hope all is going well for you this Holiday season. Wishing you the best of everything and keep up with the "Dawn's scary thoughts", actually yours are more mild than most :)