Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Having to Work for a Living

My sister said to me the other day......."Dawn, Now you're a TGIFer like the rest of us." That couldn't be more true. I lay out my clothes every night and get up early, get dressed and go to work. No more working in my slippers and jammies. So sad...... Do I miss it? Not really. I worked from home (or from an airplane/hotel room) for 12 years and it wears on you. When you find yourself engaging the drycleaner in mindless conversation you know you are starved for human face to face contact. I was even finding myself slipping into a bit of a depression from that lack of facetime.

But on the bright side, I'm happy as a clam. Today I walked around downtown Los Angeles in my Ralph Lauren 3/4 sleeve shirt just looking like a little executive. With my 21st floor access card and parking pass in my pocket I felt like a million bucks. Every jobsite I go to is thrilled to see me. Everyone is so friendly. Today I got my hard hat and safety vest. I should take a picture of me wearing them and post it on the blog, eh. I'm doing challenging work, there is no end in site to the to do list, my new vehicle should be here next week, and I couldn't be happier. I'm almost too busy to blog!

I'll try to put some more interesting stuff up here soon. Sorry about all the boring shit but as you can imagine my life has been one big emotional roller coaster lately.

No comments: