Thursday, July 19, 2007

My MRI on the Shoulder




I had an MRI (actually 3) on my shoulder this morning. Quite an experience I'll have to say. My orthopod prescribed 2 things -- a straight MRI and a magnetic resonance (MR) arthrography. The MRI had to be done twice, once each with the shoulder in a specific position and then one for the arthrography. I was in the office for almost 2 hours. I had no idea it was this sort of time committment.

So arthrography means they inject you with this lovely chemical dye (in this case a Paramagnetic substance - galadium) to highlight the joint area I guess. I have two pictures (not of my shoulder) but of what they do and what it looks like for you here. I can tell you that the injection was uncomfortable to say the least as there was a nice big needle stuck in my shoulder for what seemed like 5 minutes. My shoulder still feels very uncomfortable in the joint area. Almost like there is too much pressure in there. Wierd. Anyways, I'll see my orthopod in a couple days and tell you what is wrong with this damn shoulder soon!




No comments: