Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time

When I was younger I used to think - "if I could just survive this next hour, everything will be ok." Then as I got older I somehow started to modify this statement and it became, "If I can just survive this next hour, it'll be OK, you can endure anything for an hour." When did life become something you have to endure? As I got older still and in the work force I used to say, "oh this day is going to be tough, just suck it up, you can endure anything for a day."

Something happened to me this last summer, I had to say, "if you can just endure the next 6 weeks, it'll be ok." Wow, 6 weeks. That's a long time to endure. I find myself jumping from one fun occasion to the next. But these jumps are in my mind, and everything in between is just a blur. Is this why life goes quicker when you're older? When I was young time couldn't pass fast enough. I wanted to be 9, then 10, then 16, then 21. Then shortly thereafter I wanted time to slow down. Now that I want time to be slow, it's accelerating.

Funny how life works.....

No comments: