Thursday, January 26, 2006

Memories

I've been cleaning out my stash of storage boxes full of what is supposed to be important information worth keeping. This weekend the neighborhood association is bringing a huge dumpster and shredding company in. Everyone in our association can bring their junk and discard it or shred it. A great idea.

So I've been going thru things. Stuff I've discovered:

-- A rent dispute I had with a good friend of mine in 1989. We're not friends anymore. I think I was a bitch during that dispute. Probably 50% or more at fault during the exchange.
-- The Broadway department store doesn't exist anymore. I probably don't need to keep those statements.
-- I actually bought stuff from the Swiss Chalet mail order catalog.
-- In 1991 I was in 3 car accidents - 3/19, 4/22 and 5/19. Definitely a bad first half of that year.
-- I had a horrible run of renters for my condo. Thank goodness I listened to Dena & got a property management company.
-- The IRS and I don't see eye to eye.

The thought that comes to mind after digging thru 20 years of paper is:

"Sometimes these scars define our life, others are just evidence of missteps during the journey."

No comments: