Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Emergency trip 1 of 1 for 2006, hopefully

Well last night was spent in the emergency room. I was at a Technical Training class in Anaheim yesterday and had such a bad coughing fit that I was spitting up blood and pulled every single muscle in my neck. I could hardly move. I've never really felt that kind of pain in my chest. It was like each time I coughed a thousand tiny pins were poking my inner chest. That can't be good.

Somehow I got myself to the Bellflower Medical Center at 5:00p and finally left at 8:30p. Not bad considering it was an ER. I had a chest x-ray, blood drawn, 2 breathing treatments, a shot for pain in my ass and another shot of antibiotics on the other side of my ass. All in all, a good day for my ass. The Bellflower ER is small, tiny even. I wouldn't recommend going there after 5pm or on weekends as I'm sure its a miserable place. Of course, if you needed medical treatment during business hours, then you'd go to your doctor right? I suppose in hindsight that's what I should have done, a day or two earlier before it got so bad. Who knew?

I was sent home with a stack of prescriptions and this morning finds me extremely sore all over, can't turn my head at all. It's going to be a lovely day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for your ass!!! Something with these winds has everyone coughing but mahn o mahn, you have me beat that's for sure. I hope you get better soon!

I spent an evening in our ER recently (Shaun got hit in the face with a hockey puck and we thought he needed stitches but turned out it was just glue) and on a Monday night at 1:00am, it wasn't a bad trip. Maybe ER rooms are getting better???

Anyway, FEEL BETTER!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time you'll listen to your girlfriend and go to the doctor when she recommends it? Eh!